Aquarium Stocking Suggestions

Revan

At this point, I really can't find anything I seem to like. I currently have 6 CPD's (i know it's not the best amount, I'm not proud of it) 2 tiger endlers, and 1 rogue least rasbora in my 20-gallon long, along with a nerite snail. I really need stocking suggestions. I don't really want any tetras, so at this point, I'm considering just getting either a gourami or female plakat betta and hopefully saving enough for 2 more CPD's (My LFS charges $10 for CPD's), and possible Cherry/Amano shrimp.

Side note: (This one is honestly just a complaint) Because my fish have been conditioned to expect food when I sit in front of my aquarium, they all swim up to the front top of my tank when I sit down, which is the one spot my light doesn't reach. Thus anytime I sit down to enjoy my tank I just see shadows of fish. Has anyone else experienced this before?

Peaches1710

This is something I can contribute to!
Yes, I suggest getting a centrepiece fish like a gourami, betta, or even a pair of rams. However, be sure to get a dwarf or honey gourami only since your tank is probably to small for anything bigger (beware, DGs can be aggressive and cause issues!)
A pair of rams such as the Blue Ram would look gorgeous and they have stunning colours and a ton of personality. In fact, a pair of Rams would be a good idea since they would become your centre piece fish and a 20 long will provide enough surface area for them as bottom dwellers.
Additionally, I also recommend you get some designated bottom dwellers that will act as a clean up crew and also create some movement and action in the bottom level of your tank. Corydoras such as the panda, albino, peppered, and sterbai are really cute, or you could get a small school of Kuhli loaches which are usually not that expensive and super facisnating. You would have choose either the Rams or a school of bottom dwellers otherwise they might start to compete for space. A slightly larger school of CPDs along with a centre piece of either a betta or gourami and some corys or kuhlis would make for a gorgeous, action packed and colourful tank. Other ideas might be swordtails or barbs, however the barbs would only be able to be added if you didn't get a betta/gourami. I guess the rest would just be tetras which you aren't interested in or fish that need bigger tanks.
Good luck and make sure to update us on your decision!

Just moved to this forum from another one which I had been with for a while and I love the community here and all the helpful threads!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jack B Nimble
  • Question
Replies
Views
grac3
  • Question
Replies
Views
bcfishtanks