Aquarium Stand Help

1. kayla20johnson

kayla20johnson Valued Member Member

I am getting a 75 gallon aquarium and need to know if a stand for a 38/55 gallon aquarium is acceptable to use for it if the length of the 75 gallon tank and 38/55 gallon stand is the same?

2. bizaliz3

bizaliz3 Fishlore Legend Member

No, the stand would not be wide enough

3. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

Also it might not be able to support the weight of it.

4. jdhef

jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

You probably already thought about this, but your confident your floor can support that large of a tank?

5. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

Stand needs to be able to hold 1.5 times the total tank weight (filled with water weight), the tank must sit firm around the rim on the stand (otherwise stress could cause 75 gallons of water to turn the room it is in into a swamp), and the area the tank is going to be needs to be able to hold the total weight of a filled 75 and the stand, if it cannot do that you will be getting yourself into trouble.

6. OP
    OP
    kayla20johnson

kayla20johnson Valued Member Member

Thank you all for your answers! The tank I got is in need of some deep cleaning which we are pretty upset about, but oh well, long story. Anyways, a couple of cleaning questions.

1) Best way to get calcium or limescale off?! It’s all around the top of the tank and ALL OVER the filters.

2) best way to get algae and to “sanitize” used decor like houses?

7. david1978

david1978 Fishlore VIP Member

For calcium scale i would use use a new kitchen sponge with the scrubby back and salt for abrasive. Algea and sanitize you can either use bleach ,peroxide or vinegar. If using bleach make sure you rinse very well. Or if you have a good amount of chlorine in your tap you could just use hot water.

8. jdhef

jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

Vinegar will help dissolve/remove the calcium.