Aquarium Stand Cover/door

Discussion in 'DIY - Do It Yourself' started by Ravynn, Mar 30, 2019.

1. RavynnWell Known MemberMember

The front of my stand is completely open with no doors. I was thinking of using velcro along the front and use some type of fabric as a door but it'll be in my living room with a hairy dog and I don't want anything that will cling.

Anyone have any fabric ideas/door ideas?

2. grump299Well Known MemberMember

You own a dog so that should answer your own question lol... I have two dogs and hair gets everywhere... The only thing I think of might be use a shower curtain not the plastic liner but the one you use on the out side of the tub.

3. Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

Can you post a photo of what you are working with?

4. RavynnWell Known MemberMember

Haha, I'll see if I can find any that will look good!

Yes, sorry.. here's a picture of the open front.

[​IMG]

5. Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

Have you ever worked with wood? That would lend its self fairly easily to a set of cabinet doors.

6. RavynnWell Known MemberMember

I have but just simple DIY stuff. Not sure how i'd come up with a design for the doors

7. Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

Make a center brace 2" wide. Mount it behind the frame at the top and bottom wood of the opening. Then take another strip of wood 1" wide and the same thickness as the frame wood and mount it in the center. This will give you a 1/2" lip on both sides. Measure the dimensions of the openings and cut 2 pieces of wood to fit this for doors (you can have Lowes or a home improvement store like it do the cutting) You then mount the doors with hinges (you can use use spring hinges to keep them shut) Paint the doors before mounting them. Oh, install handles after you paint the doors.