Aquarium Stack (stand + Rack

FishRFriendz

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Combining a Stand with a Rack, half the tanks are oriented for viewing, half of the tanks are oriented for density. Fits 5 Aqueon standard 10 gallon, and either Aqueon 20 long or 29 gallon on the bottom. 2 of the 3 rack oriented tanks still have full display if viewed from the side of the Stack. I breed shrimp so all tanks have an area of clear overhead access to make catching shrimp easier.

YqixWLb.jpg

uwWMGSw.jpg

vI2zD1z.jpg

1GR8WTZ.jpg

Fun with LEDs and glass shelves

Attachments

OP
FishRFriendz

FishRFriendz

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
5 tanks cycled and done. 2 more to go now. Always end up with less real estate for plants than I would have liked. Most of the plants so far came from breaking down a single 10g.

IMG_5350.jpg

Split a 20 gallon long

Asomeone

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Oh my I just found my next project. Good I can blame you when the girlfriend hits me with a stick. Simply awesome job. Question, are you at all concerned with the way the top tier is supported? Not from the Sides and in the middle? Since I will be stealing your idea I'm just curious

OP
FishRFriendz

FishRFriendz

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Asomeone said:
Question, are you at all concerned with the way the top tier is supported? Not from the Sides and in the middle? Since I will be stealing your idea I'm just curious
The top shelf has 4 2x4s to ensure there is no deflection in the cantilevered beams for the weight that it has to bear. Each 10 gallon tank when filled will be at best 100 pounds. I sat on the edge of one of the cantilevers just for fun with the glass shelf, and had no fear of it breaking. I risked more trying to get down off that than sitting there. The vertical support for the top is 8 2x4s which is more than I've put into various stands I've built based on simpler designs to hold up 20 gallon tanks.

It's not a build I would recommend for a first-time DIY.

LpfTKIR.jpg

rG4nKW5.jpg

New Threads