Aquarium Silicone

1. Janmitch22

Janmitch22 Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to try to make some naturalistic caves using silicone, PVC pipe, and gravel. Now, I've been seeing tubes of silicone sealant around...is that the silicone I would use for sticking the gravel to the pipe? Because those are pretty small tubes...anyone tried making caves?

2. Gunnie

Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Make sure the silicone says aquarium safe or something like safe near food. I always buy the silicone from a pet store. You can buy the big tubes you put in one of those grease guns if you need a lot. I think I 'paid $8.00 for a large tube, but then I didn't have to worry about using the wrong kind.

3. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Can also get it at some place like lowes, just make sure it says food safe then it's safe for your fishes. :D
    Ccarol

4. OP
    OP
    Janmitch22

Janmitch22 Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sweet...I saw some at Petco, but they had teeny tubes. I'll try Lowe's.

5. Butterfly

Ratings:
    +96
    I just paid $3.59 for an ounce at petsmart. The ounce went alot further than I thought it would.
    Carol

6. OP
    OP
    Janmitch22

Janmitch22 Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was in Petco AND Home Depot today...Home Depot twice because I forgot something. It didn't even cross my mind to get that silicone. Gah! This old memory of mine....

7. gammerus

gammerus Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hmm that sounds like a good idea. I would glue alittle sand and stuff as well as gravel..maybe some fake plants...ooooh this sounds like a project.

8. Butterfly

Ratings:
    +96
    gammerus sounds like a project coming on ;)
    Carol

9. gammerus

gammerus Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have too many projects..I doubt I will ever finish them all. and for the crafty people craftster.org :D

10. jim55379

jim55379 Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Neat site Gammerus. I read on there something about using duct tape to make things. A friend of mine bought me a "duct tape" wallet for my birthday. It was real ductape. We watch the RED/Green show and they joke about that a lot. 8)

11. Jon

Jon Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    whats the RED/Green show?

12. Jayson

Jayson Initiate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The red/Green show....a hilariously ridiculous comedy...but very pleasent to watch. You'll definitely laugh while watching this show. Here's the official site:

http://www.redgreen.com/

cheers, Jason

13. jim55379

jim55379 Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Jon you are 14 and it is probably before your time (no offense) but it is a comedy on t.v. that uses satire ect to poke fun of things ect. It's a pretty good show considering what's on t.v. nowadays.