Aquarium Setup (design)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BuddyD, Apr 19, 2017.

1. BuddyD

BuddyD Well Known Member Member

Hi,
    I've seen many setups that are built from the center of the tank, then out. I am in the habit of putting decor and rocks at the back of the tank and in the corners.

In your honest opinions, which do you think is best?

2. Lchi87

Lchi87 Moderator Moderator Member

What size tank is this? And what kind of fish are you planning on keeping?

3. OP
    OP
    BuddyD

It's an established 30 gallon with 2 Loaches 9Dojo and Clown), Red Tail Shark, ans assorted Cichlids. Cichlids do not have mates, so hardly any aggression.

4. Lchi87

Is it a taller tank or longer? Sorry for the questions, I'm just trying to visualize what your tank looks like in my head. :)

5. OP
    OP
    BuddyD

Tall

6. grantm91

grantm91 Fishlore VIP Member

Ive always just sort of done it lol i think about out lets inlets/ hiding equipment and also making territories for your fish, seen as you have a tall tank i think a centre piece is a good idea maybe a large bog wood leaning off the back wall going down to the centre.

Post a pic

d2f9f06cacd19b3ad2baa03b7816dc6d.jpg for example a couple of pot hides you can just cut with an angle grinder a small bogwood witch my parrot has dug under and the anarcis jungle hides my heater.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  7. OP
    OP
    BuddyD

I have the same plant you have in the middle but mine is floating at top and about has the whole top covered.

Nice looking tank.

8. grantm91

Thanks just to give you some ideas, i just keep triming and re-planting the off cuts im slowly building an enchanted parrot forest

9. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper Well Known Member Member

I have never seen elodea look so pretty ♡♡

10. grantm91

I think its my lighting i have a blue tube and a pink tube, blue is for marine but i like it in that tank. Thats been my most sucessful plant and most practical it breaks up any fights as the fish end up confused in it lol im just going to keep growing and splitting it.

11. Lchi87

If its a tall tank, I think centering things into an artfully arranged pile would look nice. Use driftwood propped up on rocks to create height. Tall plants like the elodea placed behind the pile will compliment it. :) would love to see pictures of your tank so we can see what you have to work with.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice