Aquarium Sealant Use

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by gothicrose5, Apr 19, 2018.

1. gothicrose5

gothicrose5Valued MemberMember

i have 2 55 gallon freshwater tanks 1 tank has angels and the other rasboras for now....the angel tank is almost complete except needing a few more rocks...the other 55 gallon tank with the castles im awaiting for teddy cholla to arrive so i can hide the heaters and intake pipes as i did in the angel tank...my question on sealant use is ....Is there a way you can take left over gravel and form it into balls, rock looking designs and such with out having to jus take a handfull of sealant and a handfull of gravel and mix and have stuck gravel on hands and everywhere....

Attached Files:

• Aquarium Sealant Use
      d.jpg
      File size:
      46.4 KB
      Views:
    • Aquarium Sealant Use
      e.jpg
      File size:
      208.8 KB
      Views:
  2. david1978

david1978Fishlore VIPMember

Its time consuming but you can just put a dab on and stick a rock on and use it like you would super glue or hot glue.

3. OP
    OP
    gothicrose5

I was trying to avoid it being all time consuming but i am always looking around....thanks

4. david1978

I have never stuck a bunch of small rocks together but thats how i built bigger rock structures so they wouldn't fall down.

5. OP
    OP
    gothicrose5

My angel tank i used pvc pipe and siliconed that and rolled the pipe in the rocks..when dried i did touch ups for missing spots...it houses the tank heaters...maybe whenever the snow decides its done in my area ill get out to looking for rocks to use thanks again

6. david1978

Yea we had snow last night too. Lol. Didn't last long but its getting old. Its april not the 105th of January.

7. OP
    OP
    gothicrose5

it just snowed here today so i am too hoping its done....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice