Aquarium Salt 20 Gallon Tank 

lil0618

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
i got some aquarium salt to recharge my ammo chips and on the side of the salt package it says add directly to a freshwater aquarium should i do that?

funkman262

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Strange, your not supposed to add it directly to the aquarium because it'll irritate the fish's gills. You should probably dissolve it in a separate container and then pour it into the tank to be safe. What brand salt is it by the way?

bass master

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
the directions on the salt are probably for treating the aquarium in case of a disease or as a stress reducer. Follow the directions on the carton of ammo chips for recharging the chips, you should do it in a separate container. The amount of salt needed to recharge ammo chips is definitely more than most freshwater fish can handle. Salt generally isnt good to add to a freshwater aquarium, although there are some exceptions.

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
lil0618 said:
i got some aquarium salt to recharge my ammo chips and on the side of the salt package it says add directly to a freshwater aquarium should i do that?
If you don't mind me asking, why are you using ammo chips?

I wouldn't add salt to the tank at all, but if you are planning on doing it anyway dissolve it first in a cup of tank water.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads