Aquarium salt

Wakin1062

Hey everyone, I have a 45 gallon tank with 3 Wakin goldfish in it. The guy at the Petco said to put a little aquarium salt in there because this kind of fish needs this in there water. I have never heard of putting salt in fresh water tanks unless the fish are sick. Put some in or leave it alone, thanks ..

Freshfishguy

Wakin1062 said:
Hey everyone, I have a 45 gallon tank with 3 Wakin goldfish in it. The guy at the Petco said to put a little aquarium salt in there because this kind of fish needs this in there water. I have never heard of putting salt in fresh water tanks unless the fish are sick. Put some in or leave it alone, thanks ..
I know there is a thread somewhere that really goes in depth about Aquarium Salt. But the TLDR is that the overwhelming majority opinion is no aquarium salt for purely freshwater fish like yours unless they have some type of illness. Some people use salt in their pond setups, but good water quality by itself should be more than enough.

Wakin1062

Thanks for the information freshfishguy, I am not going to use it. I will read the thread on this thanks...

Latest threads

Top Bottom