Aquarium Plants Factory

Discussion in 'Commercial Websites' started by Mongo75, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Mongo75

Mongo75Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +231
    I found a few other threads about this vendor, Aquarium Plants Factory, but wanted to add my own perspective...

They're based out of Fontana, California, and can be found at aquariumplantsfactory.com, on Ebay, and amazon.com.

This is my second order from them, and so far, I'm quite pleased. They offer free standard shipping on their plants, and have a lot of "buy 2 get one free" offers. They also sell shrimp and snails, shipping not included.

My first order was a "buy 2 get one free" for a total of nine cuttings of s.repens. They arrived no worse for the wear, and looked pretty good. It's been just over two weeks and all nine are growing well.

This order was another "buy 2 get one free" of water wisteria. Three bundles with 5 stems, 6 stems and 7 stems respectively. USPS delayed delivery for a day, but they still look really good.

There were some broken off leaves, and I plucked a couple that didn't look too good.

20190824_130048.20190824_130508.20190824_131220.20190824_130623.

So now, my new plants are soaking in some old tank water while I'm getting ready to do some rearranging , getting their new home ready :)

2. Dray

DrayValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +56
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Nice! I've been looking for a decent source for plants. Getting ready to stock my 200 gallon.

3. CheshireKat

CheshireKatWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +492
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Really? That's not far from me either. Maybe it won't take a week to reach me like my last plant order. That I said would be my last, no more. But... Plants! Always on the lookout for new plant suppliers. Bookmarked.

4. OP
    OP
    Mongo75

Ratings:
    +231
    I'm really annoyed at USPS. The order shipped on the 21st, from Fontana, arrived in San Bernardino just after midnight on the 22nd, left San Berdu at 4am on the 23rd, arrived in Santa Clarita at 6am on the 23rd, left there at 9am on the 23rd, and arrived at lancaster today at 5am. Seriously, its 120 miles, and takes 3 days! What gets me is almost 24 hours to make the last 35 miles! Dang! At least the plants looked good when they got here, I'll give APF credit for that :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2019
  5. TheFishmonger

TheFishmongerValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +35
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Awesome, will check them out. I am looking for an aquatic plants only store. I got my plants with my fish from an online store. The plants were good in size and the fish arrived alive, but honestly I didn't know my order would include a free side order of parasite snails. Now I am hunting for snails in the 5.5 gallons and I think I will just get me an assassin snail or two to get rid of the unwelcome hitch hikers.

Apart from the snails.. and to be totally fair. I am very very pleased with the size and quantity of the plants and the fact that my livestock grew up so fast.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  6. OP
    OP
    Mongo75

Ratings:
    +231
    I hope you realize that i meant their snails are Mystery, Nerite, etc., not hitchhikers, lol. No MTS or Pond Snails, at least, not yet :eek::D.

7. TheFishmonger

TheFishmongerValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +35
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    No, I was talking about the online store I ordered my plants and fish from, which is totally different from what you are saying. :p

8. CheshireKat

CheshireKatWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +492
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Yikes! My last plant order was in the same state for 2 days, traveled across the country for a day or two, then sat in my local post office for a whole 24 hours before being delivered. And when I got it, it was wrapped in bag, the box wet and falling apart, and smelled so bad I thought all my plants were a loss. Then I opened it up and found some plant bags inside USPS bags apologizing for something going wrong during shipping. I'm guessing they weren't gentle and a bag or two leaked.
    The plants were alive though, 2-3 days overdue and lost a lot of leaves, but the roots are healthy.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2019