Aquarium move ...Did not go well !!

mangups

Tank move completed - Unfortunately it did not go well. The Condy anemome decided to get sucked into the powerhead in the temporary container for holding the fish in the night. By next morning tank water was murky and ended up loosing half the aquaria.

LOST:
i) Yellow Wrasse
ii) 1 Blue Green Chromi
iii) Coral Beauty angel
iv) Flame Hawkfish
v) Orange spotted goby (paired with pistol shrimp)

Survivors:
i) 2 Blue Green Chromis
ii) Royal Gamma Basslet
iii) Red Sea star
iv) Green mandarin Dragonet
V) Ocellaris Clownfish

Was really frustrated .. Also I took the decision to downgrade my tank to a 20 Gallon long from a 37 gallon. I found that taking care of a 20 gallon is easier than a 37 gallon - more with tank cleaning and rather than anything else and also because the 20 gallon Long is more aesthetically pleasing to look than a 37 gallon.

This is how it looks now... Right now it is setup without, chiller, sump, skimmer,ATO, Reactor or refugI'm and just running with 2 MP10's, 1 Radion and water changes.

Changes made - new sand, 10 lbs new base rocks , 10% old tank water, 8 lbs old live rock and used DrTim's Aquatics One and Only Live Nitrifying Bacteria for Cycling Reef and Nano Aquariums, 4-Ounce for safety.

Pic is of tank running for 7 days now and so far so good. Still need exterior cleaning and wire management so pardon the pic.

Today is day 45 of tank and so far running very well !! Have added back the ATO, refugium , sumo and Skimmer!!

Attachments

• photo 1 (1).jpg
    photo 1 (1).jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 122

Lucy

I'm so sorry for the losses. How devastating!

The tank looks gorgeous though!

Adam55

I'm sorry, man. The tank looks beautiful, if that helps any. Truth be told, I have a move coming up in October and I'm terrified about moving my tank. I'm going to actually start a thread (my first one!) when the date gets close so I can get guidance from people like yourself that have done it.

smee82

unlucky but your new tank looks nice.

Rivieraneo

that's horrible.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Mhamilton0911
Replies
Views
Berryblue
Replies