Aquarium Monitoring/Controllers

1. evoss87 Member Member

Hello all,

I am currently looking into aquarium monitors/controllers. no dosing, just ATO, light control, pump control, etc. i have seen a few and i find very little information/reviews on them. I am planning fresh water tank (discus) and i know this is for salt water. (they work the same way)

Neptune systems has come out with a new inclusive Apex unit. which i like and have everything i wan to monitor with the additional controllers.
    before I set my mind on the Apex i just want to know is there other units that do the same thing, or are comparable? i am also looking for your opinions (pros & cons). i just dont know what is good or not in durability and quality.

thank you

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Bumping this up for you

3. Danjamesdixon Well Known Member Member

Look into Seneye.

4. evoss87 Member Member

Thank you but it seems seneye does even less. It only monitors the minimalist parameters with no control. That is why I skipped over it.

With the apex unit it will safe guard your temp by shutting off the unit if it reaches over your desired temp and turn on a fan to cool the system and shut off once the temp is reached. Or if water levels are low the unit will turn on, off and safety for ato. There are so many function that you can do with this and I just want to make sure that I am getting the best and right unit for the tank.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app