Aquarium is slowly leaking, what do I do?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by magnificent, Jul 4, 2015.

1. magnificent

magnificentNew MemberMember

Hello.

I noticed my 54l aquarium start to leak after taking out all the gravel and cleaning it all, then putting in the new gravel and redecorating. It was okay before, but started just after the whole cleaning thing, so I'll assume I did something wrong while cleaning.

A puddle forms at the right side of the aquarium. After I clean it with a cloth, it doesn't actually leak in the daytime, but I see the same puddle again after I wake up, so it only leaks during the night? The carpet thing under it is wet all the time too, it worries me.
    It's really upsetting, I had the tank for more than two months now, but I guess it's good that it happened before I could buy any fancy fish..

2. lbonini1

lbonini1Well Known MemberMember

I don't think it would stop leaking in the daytime...do you see the leak or the water level dropping?

3. OP
    OP
    magnificent

magnificentNew MemberMember

Hm.. This is what I see at the moment. And the water level is dropping, just super slowly.

WP_001378.jpg

4. jdhef

jdhefModeratorModerator Member

Welcome to FishLore!

It would appear your tank has sprung a leak. You're going to have to either re-silicon it, or buy a new tank.

I have a 6.6 gallon bookshelf tank that is one piece acrylic that somehow started leaking. So I had to replace it just yesterday...so I feel your pain,

5. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

A tank will defo not leak only at night. If so I realy think it's condensation in the hood (cooler at bnight) that will slowly drip along the glas. Probably you made a "bridge" During the changes (plants between the lid,) or didn't replace the lid correct aso.
    Are you using an aiirstone? That's another possible cause . Most tanks don't start leaking spontaniously !!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice