Aquarium Heater Question

matt 63

Hey I was wondering if a eheim jager 200 watt heater is to much for a 54 gallon corner tank ? The heater I have now is a whisper for 55 gallon tank and it doesn't keep the water regulated very well and the water gets pretty cool sometimes which isn't good for my African cichlids, so I thought I might need something bigger so I got this, but didn't realize it was recommended for tanks that are 79 - 106 gallons cause I was in a hurry. So will this be bad for my tank?

mattgirl

I can't see it being a problem. Just calibrate it and keep a close eye on it over several days to make sure it is holding the correct temp and you should be fine.

DarkOne

Heater placement is also important. I keep my heaters very close to the intake of the filters for better dispersion of heated water.

There have been bad reviews recently on those heaters. I went with Aqueon Pro heaters.

matt 63

Ok
mattgirl said:
I can't see it being a problem. Just calibrate it and keep a close eye on it over several days to make sure it is holding the correct temp and you should be fine.
Ok I will do that, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to fry the fish lol thank you

mattgirl

matt 63 said:
Ok

Ok I will do that, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to fry the fish lol thank you
As long as it is adjustable and set to the right temp that shouldn't happen.

AquaticJ

I've used a 200w heater in a 10 gallon before, I just turned it all the way down. In my opinion, Aqueon pro heaters are grossly overprice (especially in store). I've always used Aquatop heaters and I've never had a problem.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom