Aquarium Filter Type Preference

Vote for the type of filtration you use in your aquarium:

• Total voters

Mike

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Please vote for the type filtration you use!

fishfreak

Reaction score
yes it is a power filter if u look to the right u can see a motor housing on it.

Angela_96

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wait.. I missed the "multiple filters option" I have on all tanks a penguin biowheel filter and on my 2 larger tanks a eheim ecco on each

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Most of my tanks have multiple filters. All have either a HOB or an internal filter (Whisper "i" series). One also has a UGF powered with a powerhead. Another has a refugium setup, and another has enough plants that it could probably run filter-less.

Angela_96

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Peterpiper said:
Love the caniser filter, easy to clean, swap media's
that's what I love about my eheim eccos, they are so easy to take care of!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
nickf5 said:
whats the difference between a power filter and a canister filter?
Power filter hangs on the outside back of the tank and a canister is usually hidden outside underneath
Carol

zeddy

Reaction score
I use different kind of filters depending on which tank. my sw I'm curently building a sump, my cichlid tank has power and ugf and my community tanks have power filters

susitna-flower

Well Known
Reaction score
All my tanks have UGFs with powerheads, my 125 also has an EheI'm 2028, and one 55 has a powerhead on the UGF and a HOB filter, the 55 gallon shrimp tank has two HOB filters, one is drawing water from the UGF.

The only frustrating thing about my set up are the MTS snails that get into the filters...this can't be good for the filters, and I know it must be traumatic for the snails....

beginnerfishlover

Reaction score
I have a Tetra Whisper filter that is in-tank. I'm guessing it's considered a power filter, but I'm not sure. And on my next tank, I'm definetly going to get a filter that is on the outside of the tank.

ThisGuy

Reaction score
I had an under gravel filter and took it out when I went heavily planted and upgraded the light substrate and co2. I have an EheI'm 2215 and half a dozen HOB filters of various makes and models the one I really want to get and try on my next tank is a biowheel I have heard good things and they look like a neat toy. They were on sale the other day $10 off and I was so tempted to buy one just to try it out.

emilai333

Reaction score
I use a power filter on my big goldie tank, but for the safety of fry and small fish am using corner/box filters in the little tanks, so I chose corner filters because I have more of those.

Also, corner filters run on air pumps, and I literally have more air pumps than I have tanks. I swear I only bought one, and one came from a friend... the other 4 I can't account for.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom