Aquarium Co2 Questions

1. Mike1995

Mike1995 Well Known Member Member

so, on my 20 gallon long i figured out the light thing. I wasnt going to get a new one, but my current one flickers and shuts off several times a day. Its annoying and the fish seem to think its a thunderstorm or something. Going to get a fluval 3.0 today. I'm wondering now about CO2. my plants seem to be growing like weeds already. i dose excel and flourish, and use iron for my rotala and ludwigia. And a bunch if root tabs. But some of them still don't seem to happy. What's a good CO2 set up and how does it all work/were can i get it?

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

You can get a good co2 system set up for a round $120 if you buy everything separatley. Co2 systems marketed to the pet trade are much more expensive than a beer maker. I currently have 10 gallon co2 tanks setup. they last about 6 months at heavy flow and cost only about $8 to fill up. Your going to need a tank, regulator, bubble counter, check valve, co2 diffuser and a co2 measurer. A solenoid is helpful but optional. They normally are very expensive. The co2 system will help your aquarium because eventually algae will begin to show up. co2 is the limiting factor against algae and should be incorporated. They also help plants process nutrients and i highly recommend co2.

3. OP
    OP
    Mike1995

Mike1995 Well Known Member Member

what are some places to get everything?

4. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

I purchased everything off of amazon.

5. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

Check out CO2 arts, even if they don’t ship to you it’s a good place to get an idea of what to get in a setup :)