Aquarium Club auction..

1. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Tennhound and I along with our husbands spent Saturday at the Atlanta aquarium Association auction. Boy we had the greatest time (thanks for the invite Dino! ;) )
    There were more fish, plants and aquarium supplies than I think I have ever seen in one place.
    Since my husband is the guppy man we got a trio of Green Moscow guppies, 10 unsexed half Black yellow guppies, and a trio of red guppies. Very pretty.
    We added to our colony of Corys with four huge albino Corys.
    Lets see ... two bags full of Endlers for the tub that goes outside as soon as it gets warm enough, two bags of turquoise Danios(Brachydanio kerri ) as dithers for several tanks. a trio of mickey Mouse platys I couldn't resist. Eight long-finned Bristlenose. and one of my favorites four Gelius Barbs (Barbus Gelius) who only get 3/4 inch long. Would really like to have more of them, a couple of tanks, books (one is a catfish and loach book), heaters, and a five gallon bucket full of tacky stuff ;D 8)
    after about five hours we left and as you can tell we really had a good time. When we left they were still selling stuff. :eek:
    Carol

2. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

Lucky you I wish I could have that many tanks and be allowed to join clubs and go to auctions but o the parents keep a tight leash on kids.

3. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Make a list, one day you will be an adult.
    We only keep a tight leash on you because we love you :-* ;)
    Carol

4. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

yes yes yes I know but I take good care of them and get good grades I just wish they let me get more tanks or at least join the cleveland aquarium society (i think thats what that is) but anyways I hope to get a new tank every year when i get a house of my own and financially stable until I can't take care of anymore tanks, and I hope to know more than anybody else about fish. Well thats my goal and to become expierecned in SW FW and brackish.

5. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Nothing wrong with those goals.
    Carol

6. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

Yup so far in 8 months of fishkeeping I have learned more than I have ever thought I would. Though now I wish there was some job that I could do that would be around Fish and be able to make a living off of it and have lots of tanks, So far my mom says a marine biologist but I have to look into what they do but I am also considering a teacher or engineer or security like FBI or something in the government, and hope to work at a petstore part time to be with fish so with that in mind I might be a teacher since you get some time off in the summer and I could coach track and CC which I love. So many choices

7. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Yep. Wierdos are everywhere, even in the fish clubs and forums. That's a true sign that your parents love you lots! ;)

Butterfly,
    Glad you had such a good time. I just wish I could have been there also. :'(