Aquarium Care Logbook

Leirna

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Before I go in search of one or make my own, I was wondering if anyone has a really awesome Aquarium Care Logbook they would recommend to use. I keep jotting parameters down on a paper and then losing said paper, so I would like to find something a little more convenient.

Thanks so much!

DoraCory

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I just have a little notebook that I jot down water parametres and other related notes.

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I use a tablet with an excel doc. All my water chemistry gets logged based on daily or weekly or monthly samples. It also allows you to do trend analysis and you can put it in graph format for people that like that.

jpm995

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I used to keep a notebook on my various tanks and an index card holder [3x5?] for each type of fish.

Leirna

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
NavyChief20 said:
I use a tablet with an excel doc. All my water chemistry gets logged based on daily or weekly or monthly samples. It also allows you to do trend analysis and you can put it in graph format for people that like that.
I really like that idea... time to get Microsoft Office!

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Leirna said:
I really like that idea... time to get Microsoft Office!
Actually you can download Open Office, it's free and compatible with MS Office. Works almost identically.

Leirna

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
NavyChief20 said:
Actually you can download Open Office, it's free and compatible with MS Office. Works almost identically.
Even better! Thank you!

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I think I should learn one of these programs. At the rate I’m going ( 7 tanks ) I’m gonna need a bigger dry erase board;)

gray_matter16

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I use an app called Aquarium Note, not only keeps the data I enter but logs them on graphs so I can see trends.

A201

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Friday - WC Big Tank
Saturday - WC Little Tank
- Squeeze Out filter Sponges every 3 weeks
- Feed fish daily 1x am & 1x pm
- Inspect tanks daily for potential problems.
- Repeat

The listed data, already programmed in my brain. Lol
Just kidding. I'm all for technological advances in the hobby.

Smack442

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Currently I have a notebook that I write everything down in. Water parameters, water changes, when I add ferts, changes or abnormalities in tank etc. it all goes in the notebook. I also have a calendar that I use to schedule out when to do care/maintenance.

I just also got a Rocketbook and have been thinking to switch over to that to help make it easier to make stuff digital. Expectantly since I'd like to transfer my water parameters and water temp data over to MS Excel or Google sheets, when I get the time.

sfsamm

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I use an app called Aquarium Note. Track everything and then some plus photos, calculators, budget and expense trackers.... great things love it

GuppyDazzle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
sfsamm said:
I use an app called Aquarium Note. Track everything and then some plus photos, calculators, budget and expense trackers.... great things love it
Aquarium Note looks really cool. If I wasn't so old fashioned I'd probably use it.

I just make simple charts in Word.

1. Tank Journal: Date each tank set up, water test parameters, any unusual occurrences such as disease, etc.

2. Tank Management: Grid with tank numbers across the top and months down the side. When I put in a pair or other breeding setup, I use the grid to reserve two tanks for six months. That works to separate sexes at one month old until old enough to sell or show and lets me look forward for future tank availability.

3. Breeding Journal: ID # of breeders, date of breeding, source or ID # of breeders, type of cross, dates of broods.

4. Maintenance Log: Tracks when bottoms were vacuumed, sides were cleaned, and filters were squeezed out, with a few days in between tasks.

5. Brine Shrimp Log: I have two brine shrimp hatcheries going all the time so I have a hatch to feed every day. I need to log it to keep track of which one is ready.

livinstond

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am currently just using good old fashion pen n' paper. But some of these apps are looking pretty sweet! Now I have to get a tablet for the tank... darn

Blondeath

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
sfsamm said:
Is the app for an IPhone? I can’t seem to locate the app on the App Store

Leirna

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Blondeath said:
Is the app for an IPhone? I can’t seem to locate the app on the App Store
Same, all I can find is Aquarium Manager

TheeLadyG

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I also keep a little pen and notebook. My setup is pretty low tech and after it stabilized there wasn't a need to keep super strict numbers.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom