Aquarium additions

Greenfungaloo
HI! I have a goldfish in a 28g tank, (i am planning on moving him to a 55g as soon as I can afford it). He is only 3.5 inches, so this tank size should work for now... anyhow, I was wondering what plants/fish I could include in there!

Advertisement
TWiG87
Goldfish usually don’t do too well with plants. Other cool water fish should do just fine. WCMM for example

Advertisement
MacZ
Right now in the 29 I'd add nothing and wait for the 55 to be set up and cycled.

Daniodude
Maybe add another goldfish when you move up to the 55 gal.

Greenfungaloo
Okay! Thx!

YellowGuppy
You could sneak in some snails. I know some people highly recommend ramshorns in goldfish tanks because they eat up algae and generally don't overpopulated in a goldfish tank (i.e. most baby snails get eaten), but adults should be fine. You may also want to consider mystery snails.

Advertisement

Greenfungaloo
You could sneak in some snails. I know some people highly recommend ramshorns in goldfish tanks because they eat up algae and generally don't overpopulated in a goldfish tank (i.e. most baby snails get eaten), but adults should be fine. You may also want to consider mystery snails.
Thx!

Could i put in 3-4 wcmm's with with him in the 28g?

Daniodude
Thx!

Could i put in 3-4 wcmm's with with him in the 28g?
You probably could fit 6 wcmm's since he is so small, but if he is growing rapidly maybe only 4.

YellowGuppy
Probably, though as a schooling fish you may want a couple more. Perhaps wait until you've got your 55 up and running, then add 6-8 white clouds.

Greenfungaloo
Probably, though as a schooling fish you may want a couple more. Perhaps wait until you've got your 55 up and running, then add 6-8 white clouds.
Ok! So it seems wait untill ive got 55g. Any plants i can add?

Advertisement

YellowGuppy
Maybe. Goldfish put EVERYTHING in their mouth, so some plants don't survive. I've seen success with hornwort, and theoretically java ferns and anubias (both have thicker leaves that are less easy to eat!) but other people with more goldfish experience could probably give you a better list of possible winners.

Greenfungaloo
Maybe. Goldfish put EVERYTHING in their mouth, so some plants don't survive. I've seen success with hornwort, and theoretically java ferns and anubias (both have thicker leaves that are less easy to eat!) but other people with more goldfish experience could probably give you a better list of possible winners.
Ok,thx+

Fisheye
You mentioned in your previous post about a goldfish with torn fins that your tank is not cycled.

It would be totally irresponsible to add anything until your goldfish heals and your tank cycles.

Greenfungaloo
You mentioned in your previous post about a goldfish with torn fins that your tank is not cycled.

It would be totally irresponsible to add anything until your goldfish heals and your tank cycles.
yeah-that is how come i am asking right now-so that I can research on it--

hi guys! I just noticed my sib did a very similar thread (we use the same account). ofc, if you want to continue posting/commenting, feel free! I just wanted to clear up any complications
sry!

Advertisement

flyinGourami
hi guys! I just noticed my sib did a very similar thread (we use the same account). ofc, if you want to continue posting/commenting, feel free! I just wanted to clear up any complications
sry!
Okay I was wondering why you had two threads lol.

Greenfungaloo
Okay I was wondering why you had two threads lol.
yeah-sorry about that! I hadn't meant to repeat the threads! lol

flyinGourami
yeah-sorry about that! I hadn't meant to repeat the threads! lol
No, no problem . I know you and your sibling didn't mean to.

Greenfungaloo
No, no problem . I know you and your sibling didn't mean to.
lol yeah-the problems of a shared electronic lol

Im normally the one with the short messages-my sis is the one who does the unnecessarily long messages and who does the majority of the research, lol. I

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
NevermindIgnoreMe
Replies
Views
ekoscarekturtle
Replies
Views
ashenwelt
Replies
Views