Aquarist Literal Nightmares

Discussion in 'Funny Stuff' started by stratozyck, Apr 11, 2017.

1. stratozyckNew MemberMember

How many of you have recurring nightmares where your fish are out of water and you are struggling to get them back in the tank? Usually in mine its like there is no firm divider between air and water and the fish seem fine like they can swim in air and I'm panicking trying to get them back in.

Now that I have corals in my new reef tank, I had my first coral variation of that nightmare. In it, the tank breaks and I am struggling to get all the corals out and into another tank ASAP.

I am an anxious person that worries about doing things right. I usually have nightmares on Sunday nights that I go to work and its Tuesday and I am struggling to find out how I missed Monday.

2. 2211Nighthawk

2211NighthawkFishlore VIPMember

So far I haven't dreamt 'that' particular one though I did dream my 45g burst. The tank isn't on the ground floor so it ran all the way down into my bedroom. And it's a rental unit!!
    No, one time in the middle of the night my fish jumped out of the tank. Hit the lid and out he went. I was convinced I dreamt that as I chased a Bala shark across the floor at 2 am. Only reason I knew it wasn't a dream was because I had put a book on the lid and it was still there.

I have 'very' vivid dreams so if all else, count all the fish and double check the tank seams before bed. :) I still do a head count.

3. CROWNTAILBETTA

CROWNTAILBETTAWell Known MemberMember

I have dreams about overstocking my aquariums lol! the other night I dreamt that I accidentally sliced the aquarium's silicone with a razor blade while I was scraping away algae, my whole room was flooded and the fish were all on the floor. I need to stop stressing myself out! :D

4. GlamCrab

GlamCrabWell Known MemberMember

I dreamt my dad bought a common pleco and placed it in my 23 gallon :|

Is that weird? lol well that day i kinda explained to my dad that common plecos got too big for my tank and he was like "when it gets too big you just return it"

5. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylahWell Known MemberMember

I dreamt that my pond filter intake slipped out of the pond and then all of the water drained out of the pond leaving all of my beautiful goldfish to die. :(

6. BottomDweller

BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

Last night I dreamt I bought freeze dried bloodworms rather than freeze dried tubifex lol

7. 2211Nighthawk

DONE IT!! Except I caught it before it complete drained but my 8 inch gold fish was swimming in 2 inches of water...

8. 2211Nighthawk

Here we go. So right at that stage where you're half awake? Big crack of thunder in real life and I literally sat bolt upright thinking that all four panes of glass on my tank had exploded. I "saw" the sides blow out and the light and trim just drop straight down onto the stand.

9. KerinaValued MemberMember

Last aquarium related dream I had was snails eating the skin of my hands when I stole them from some zoo/nature reserve. I tried to catch some fish there too, but they were too fast for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice