Aquaneat sponge filter review

FancyBubbles

Product: Aquaneat sponge filter

Description: As many of you know, sponge filters are good for fish that don't like too much current, and safe for long finned bettas. This is a classic cylinder filter.

Pros: Very cheap ($7.49), includes everything you would need except for air pump. The air tube isn't cheap material like most kits are. I currently have one that I have been using since January of last year. I have encountered no issues yet. Ordered a second one several months ago, no issues with it either.

Cons: I don't know if this goes with all small suction cups, but the ones included here curl outwards and become inverted over time. I used them thinking I would need them, realized I don't when it just fell off.

link:

Heron

Good review, I will bare this in mind next time I need a sponge filter. I find the best way to deal with poor suckers is to glue them on with a tube of king British aquarium sealant. I have tried various glues and sealants and this is the best I've found. It sticks well enough it doesn't fall off but not so much you can't remove it if you want to.
I'm fed up with the number of good aquarium products that are let down with poor suckers.

FancyBubbles

Good review, I will bare this in mind next time I need a sponge filter. I find the best way to deal with poor suckers is to glue them on with a tube of king British aquarium sealant. I have tried various glues and sealants and this is the best I've found. It sticks well enough it doesn't fall off but not so much you can't remove it if you want to.
I'm fed up with the number of good aquarium products that are let down with poor suckers.

Lol, yeah. And thanks for the idea. The only con was that issue. Which really isn't much tbh compared to other kits that have cheap air tubes.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ChrissFishes01
  • Question
Replies
Views
aquachris
Replies
Views
Cherryshrimp420
Replies