Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Okay, so this is going to be a little business journal some people requested (I'll tag you later)
Name: ???????? (Maybe Flipping Fins) I need suggestions.
Im going to make a budget, a budget plan, my progress, floor plan requirements, ideas, and finical needs. (Plus more)

Okay, so Im going to get my budget around tonight/Today.

Tags: @babiimoore @TadpoleMadtom @Lacey D @BottomDweller @Asteria_and_Rogue @RainBetta @ValerieAdams @SixThreeOh @Pescado_Verde

Culprit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
So you're starting a fish store? Remeber, you won't make ANY profit for at least the first 2-3 years, and running a fish store is a notoriously difficult, low paying job with lots of hours. Most LFS owners are hobbiests. Also, starting a fish store is EXPENSIVE. Not trying to discourage you, just letting youo know what you're getting into.

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Can you refresh my memory on this lol
You had feedback on where my store should be located
So you're starting a fish store? Remeber, you won't make ANY profit for at least the first 2-3 years, and running a fish store is a notoriously difficult, low paying job with lots of hours. Most LFS owners are hobbiests. Also, starting a fish store is EXPENSIVE. Not trying to discourage you, just letting youo know what you're getting into.
Yep, thats why im starting the planning now. I figure a good plans better than no plan. I also want to appeal to non-fish enthusiasts. I have this in my business plan. I will explain this later

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Find all local hobbyists, if they are breeding fish they will help you with cheaper better quality fish then you can order. They want a good local store as much as you want to own one. I used to trade 20-30 mixed fancy guppies for 2-3 new males. I traded convicts for fish he couldn't sell. At times he would call me when he had odd fish and give me a nice discount on them. Tears the end I was just giving him fish because I knew he was struggling and we were trying to help him stay in business. I think there were about 10 of us trying to help but in the end the big box store won. Another nice thing he did was help you make a tank kit with products that actually worked and did what you wanted them to do.

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Find all local hobbyists, if they are breeding fish they will help you with cheaper better quality fish then you can order. They want a good local store as much as you want to own one. I used to trade 20-30 mixed fancy guppies for 2-3 new males. I traded convicts for fish he couldn't sell. At times he would call me when he had odd fish and give me a nice discount on them. Tears the end I was just giving him fish because I knew he was struggling and we were trying to help him stay in business. I think there were about 10 of us trying to help but in the end the big box store won. Another nice thing he did was help you make a tank kit with products that actually worked and did what you wanted them to do.
Definitely, I will hit up local forums, facebook groups, craigslist and "Advertise" (basically, ask for fish cheap, freebies, want to supply, want to sell, etc.) Please wait before commenting on illness I have a plan.

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Features, Mini Aquarium 20 or so of "Show Tanks"
-5 Freshwater 20g Long *CAN BE BOUGHT FROM
-5 Saltwater 20g Long *CAN BE BOUGHT FROM
-2 55g Freshwater Tank *Can Be bought from
-2 55g Saltwater Tanks *Can Be bought from

Lights:
-2 Saltwater
Rubbermaid 4244-00 Stock Tank 70 Gallon Black
Filter: COMING SOON
Tank #1 Stocking 1
*80 Degree Fish
Tank #1 Stocking 2
*75-80 Degree Fish

Tank #2 Stocking 1
Predator Saltwater
Tank #2 Stocking 2
Reef Friendly

Last edited:

TadpoleMadtom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What I would like to see in a fish store:
-freshwater cold water section (minnows, shiners, sunfish, mosquitofish, goldfish, koi, crayfish, water striders, dace, darters, madtoms, etc.)
-fish vet (recommendations on medicine, autopsys, water testing, euthanization, diagnosis)
-invert section for marine, brackish, and freshwater (water striders, snails, shrimp, lobsters, crayfish, water scorpions, sea stars, coral, tubeworms, clams, oysters, sea cucumbers, sea urchins)
-Live food station (blackworms, feeder fish, mosquito larva, earthworms, shrimp, plankton, tubifex, insects)
-sort of weird, but a cheap fish feeding service for when people are on vacation.

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
What I would like to see in a fish store:
-freshwater cold water section (minnows, shiners, sunfish, mosquitofish, goldfish, koi, crayfish, water striders, dace, darters, madtoms, etc.)
-fish vet (recommendations on medicine, autopsys, water testing, euthanization, diagnosis)
-invert section for marine, brackish, and freshwater (water striders, snails, shrimp, lobsters, crayfish, water scorpions, sea stars, coral, tubeworms, clams, oysters, sea cucumbers, sea urchins)
-Live food station (blackworms, feeder fish, mosquito larva, earthworms, shrimp, plankton, tubifex, insects)
-sort of weird, but a cheap fish feeding service for when people are on vacation.
Very interesting, let me run some math and get back to you

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I've been looking at properties and brain storming. More coming soon!

FishFandom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
This would be awesome, as indiana doesn't have a lot of LFS. I live in Indiana and would love to visit this place.

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Why do you have to be so far away?!?!
Im sorry , Maybe if it is sucessful I can open a place in your state?

Ideas:
To entice visitors, I want to set up a table for aqua scaping. SO this I would Need driftwood of many types, types of rock, sand, and lighting above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom