AquaClear300 Question??

1. bruiser Member Member

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows how to adjust the flow rate on a AquaClear300 filter??

I have a new 33-1/3Gallon aquarium. In the information i've been able to find on the filter, I learned it is good for a 30 to 70 gallon tank.

It seems to me (and by no stretch am I a professional.....) that the output is too strong. I would like to turn it down some if I can.

I have a good aeration system in the tank creating plenty of surface disturbance, so I think I would be safe to cut the filter output back some.

If you can tell me how to do so, or have any other advice, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks.
    Chris!

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Bruiser. All you have to do to adjust the aqua clear flow is to move the intake tube from side to side. There should be a nob on top of it. It's very easy to do.
    Ken

3. bruiser Member Member

Thanks Ken! wow, I feel like an idiot now.. haha.. especially since theres a +/- picture right there that I never noticed until now.. haha.

Thanks again!

4. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I think that filter is perfect for your tank and would not turn back the flow.

5. bruiser Member Member

Hey Jaysee, I really don't think I will cut it back any.. I was just reading about the filter, and saw it was adjustable.. I'm the hands-on gotta know how it all works kinda guy, so its really just something I wanted to find out.

I really like the filter, lots of power for the size of the tank, and lots of output flow.. it seems to be stirring the water up nicely.