AquaClear300 Question??

1. bruiser

bruiser Member Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows how to adjust the flow rate on a AquaClear300 filter??

I have a new 33-1/3Gallon aquarium. In the information i've been able to find on the filter, I learned it is good for a 30 to 70 gallon tank.

It seems to me (and by no stretch am I a professional.....) that the output is too strong. I would like to turn it down some if I can.

I have a good aeration system in the tank creating plenty of surface disturbance, so I think I would be safe to cut the filter output back some.

If you can tell me how to do so, or have any other advice, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks.
    Chris!

2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +273
    Hello Bruiser. All you have to do to adjust the aqua clear flow is to move the intake tube from side to side. There should be a nob on top of it. It's very easy to do.
    Ken

3. OP
    OP
    bruiser

bruiser Member Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks Ken! wow, I feel like an idiot now.. haha.. especially since theres a +/- picture right there that I never noticed until now.. haha.

Thanks again!

4. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +236
    I think that filter is perfect for your tank and would not turn back the flow.

5. OP
    OP
    bruiser

bruiser Member Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Hey Jaysee, I really don't think I will cut it back any.. I was just reading about the filter, and saw it was adjustable.. I'm the hands-on gotta know how it all works kinda guy, so its really just something I wanted to find out.

I really like the filter, lots of power for the size of the tank, and lots of output flow.. it seems to be stirring the water up nicely.