AquaClear Filters Not Turning On!

MissMTS
Help! I just set up my two new 29 gallon tanks, and I bought an AquaClear 50 for each of them. I put it together and plugged it in, but the filter is not sucking water or doing anything. This is the case with both filters. Please let me know what I might be doing wrong. thanks!

Coryd55
Put a couple cupfuls into the place where the intake tube is and where the sponge is. It should start to make noise then. Plug them in first and then do that. Hope that works!

MissMTS
Okay, I got one of them to work, but I realized that the other one is actually missing a part so I have to take it back.

Coryd55
Alright that's good. I had to take back a pump today that was missing a part so I feel your pain. I had to go cross state to! Georgia to Alabama! But then again I do live like 25 minutes away so its not to bad.

MissMTS
Wow. I'm lucky that petsmart is literally 2 minutes from my house It sucks though when you get something for a tank that you are excited about and you have to take it back. Now I am going to have to wait an extra day before I add my fishies

jsalemi
MissMTS
Oh, I know. I just meant that it would set me back one day in the process. I use bio-spira so the tanks take about 1-2 days to cycle. Thanks for the advice though.

COBettaCouple
Sometimes, when we are missing a part for a filter we find it in the filter box.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies
Views
Betrayer
Replies
Views
jmaldo
Replies