Aquaclear filter for 10 gal?

taylormarie213

So right now, I have the Aqueon Quiet Flow 10 that came with my 10 gal and it has a strong flow, even after I added some filter sponges to it and a small sponge around the intake. It didn’t change anything. The flow spreads the sand substrate around to make a crater in the middle and it’s annoying me.
I also don’t want the current to be too strong for my future fish either.
I heard the Aquaclear filters are amazing and more DIY-able. Do you suggest the Aquaclear 20 or 30 for my 10 gal?
mom planning to have a small school of cardinal tetras, some other small fish, and some Amano shrimp.
Another question, can the Fluval Edge sponge to put on the intake (which I put on the intake of the Aqueon QuietFlow 10) fit the Aquaclear filter intake? I don’t want any shrimp to get stuck!

Morpheus1967

I know for sure you can put the sponge over the intake. I do this on my AquaClear 50 I have on my 20 gallon. But I cut a small hole in the bottom of the sponge to avoid any issues with suction. It is working great for me.

Cichlidude

I might suggest the new gold standard in filters, the Seachem Tidal Filters for just some of the following advantages: Self priming w/submerged pump so it’s quiet and will always start after a power failure or maintenance, removable no spill media basket for easy cleaning and locks in place and won’t push up flooding your floor, variable flow control from 20-100% in 10% increments, built in skimmer, self cleaning impeller and comes with the best bio media, Seachem Matrix for nitrate reduction.

The Tidal 35 would be perfect for a 10 gallon. $32 at Kens fish.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies
Views
Nickguy5467
Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies
Views