aquaclear 50

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by chunkdaddy, Mar 24, 2010.

1. c

chunkdaddy Valued Member Member

Quick question,
    Got a aquaclear 50 running at full speed, do I need to worry about the suction being to strong for my fish? Zebra danios & ba tetras.

Thanks

2. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Not if they are healthy. :)

3. m

michael68 Valued Member Member

I have an ac 5o with inlet extensions going all the way to the substrate running on full and my baby wags are doing just fine!

4. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

Good tips above. You can always add a filter sponge to your intake tube. Aqua Clear sponges are good for this as they come in different sizes. Just slice an X in the top of the sponge and slide it over the intake tube.

This sponge will also house good bacteria so only rinse it in siphoned tank water like you do the filter media. It will prevent your fish from being sucked up should one become ill, will prevent live foods from going into the filter too.

Ken

5. OP
    OP
    c

chunkdaddy Valued Member Member

Thanks guys. I have some extra sponge, so I'll go ahead and put some on the intake valve.

6. 1

1hawaii50 Valued Member Member

I wouldn't think an AC50 on a 29 gallon tank would be a problem at all. I'm running an AC110 on a 38 gallon tank. Sometimes I run it at half speed, sometimes at full speed, and it doesn't seem to bother my fish either way.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice