AquaClear 200 extension tube question 20 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Downward Dog, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Downward Dog

Downward DogValued MemberMember

OK, so I'm researching where to buy an extension tube or two for the AquaClear 200 filter so it extends towards the bottom of the tank more. I am only finding extensions that already have the strainer attached. The piece I have already has this strainer -- do they nest inside of each other? I don't seem to be able to find another piece that's just TUBE without a strainer. Help please!

Tx,
    Lenore

2. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

That's the way they are. They fit inside of one another.

3. e_watson09

e_watson09Well Known MemberMember

They come with the strainer attached but you just put the strainer piece into the end of the other and they attach. There isn't a piece without it.

4. michael68Valued MemberMember

You could take a razor knife and cut off the strainer piece.Thats what i did,I have three extensions going all the way to the gravel.If you cut off the strainer it will lesson the chance of a clog!

5. FLGirl

FLGirlWell Known MemberMember

yeah I got one yesterday and wasn't to excited about the extra strainer either. Especially since I want to get another one to go down to the gravel more and Iv already had to take it off twice and get leaves and its rather difficult to take on and off once its on tight. I was also wondering if it would lessen the flow anymore but IDK? I though about cutting it off but didn't want to break or crack it lol When my Dad is not busy I will ask him to see if he can do it for me. :)

6. michael68Valued MemberMember

Have your dad cut it off very gently he will not crack the tube if he uses a sharp razor knife.No more clogs!!

7. claudiclesWell Known MemberMember

If you take the strainer off the stuff will get sucked into your filter though and could clog your filter. A clogged intake is easier to fix than a clogged filter, imho. I worry about the lessened flow with too many strainers but it doesn't seem to have much effect.

8. michael68Valued MemberMember

You only take the strainer off the ones you are using as an extension,the strainer is left on the tube where water enters.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice