Aquaclear 20

1. Zoomo

Zoomo Member Member

I have both an AquaClear 30 and AquaClear 20 in my snail tank because they are huge piggies.
    I did my water change today, took out both filters and cleaned them because they were full of gunk. Then I went to bed. When I woke up, 6 or so inches of the tank's water was missing. I looked around and noted the AquaClear 20 seemed to be leaking.
    I noted when cleaning the filters, a weird stray clear washerish type of thing was laying on my bed, no idea where it came from, so assume this came from the AquaClear 20, but weird thing is I cannot determine where it goes to put it back.
    This filter is literally 2 weeks old. I also hate that the AquaClears are not self starting, so looking to buy a new one.
    I do not like to use cartridges because I like to use my own media, use Purigen and sponges, bioballs for media and just started using Chemipure in the AquaClear 30. So can anybody recommend a filter.
    It is a small tank but because there are Mystery snails in there, I like alot of filtration to keep the water clean. This tank gets 100% water changes weekly because of all the poop in there.
    Also does anybody know where this clear washer (actually another one popped up from somewhere no idea where, so there are 2 now) goes? It doesn't seem to fit the areas I think it should go.

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Giving this a bump up for you

3. wodesorel

wodesorel Member Member

I had the old models of these, and if I am picturing it right, there was a washer type thing that went between the intake tube and the propeller housing that I always forgot about when I was cleaning.

You can also swap out any cartridge for any media you want in most filters. It'll fit. I replaced with Aqueon Quietflow, tossed those stupid bags, and used all my old media (foam and more foam) from my Aquaclear. It also fits the Purigen bags.

4. OP
    OP
    Zoomo

Zoomo Member Member

Thanks for the bump. I cannot find where to put the washers. The 30 does not have these, as far as I know. But complained to Amazon and they are refunding me for this filter, but also ordered a brand new one, the Tidal 55. Should be here tomorrow. Hope it is not too big. I bought their 75 one a few weeks ago and it is humongous. The measurements say it is smaller but we shall see.

Thanks everybody.