aquabid

brokenwing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hey everyone hows it going. I was going to register at aquabid to pick up some fish, but upon regestration, it says your ip address is being recorderd. I don't like that one bit, that is how people hack into your computer. Has any of your members had any problem with this.

Aquagirl1978

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have only glanced the inventory on aquabid never tried to register but yeah that sounds "Fishy" To me. Yeah I know bad joke........

brokenwing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
no i agree, lol.

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Personally I believe that they record your IP to help cut down on fraud. There are many sites that do it, including forums, I don't recall if this one does or not. Most don't tell you in bold lettering but rather its down on the bottom of a page somewhere in the terms of service.

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes, they only do it to make sure no one gets jipped on aquabid. To make sure the buyer gets what they deserve and the seller to get what they are promised through a winning bid.

brokenwing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
oh ok, so its nothing for me to worry about. Sorry about I'm always a little skeptical with buying things online.

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I buy and sell on Aquabid and never had an issue.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I've bought on Aquabid several times and never had an issue, either.

I hope this helps.

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Your IP is actually recorded every time you do anything on the internet. Aquabid is just being nice and letting you know it's happening.

crazedACD

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Anyone can get your IP whenever you login to anything. Any website host can probably get a list of all the IPs that have visited the site. For the most part it only shows what general area you are in, not your exact address or anything. Police and detectives can potentially get your exact address through a process of going to your service provider and etc but it isn't likely an "internet predator" or anything is going to be able to find you through your IP. I wouldn't worry about it...read their privacy policy and all that good stuff, you should be fine.

brokenwing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thanks I emailed aquabid, and they responded and explained it nicely how the process works. There servers are out of dallas texas. So i feel better now, maybe i am over protective, but this day and age you have to be careful.

mosin360

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Generally you don't have to worry about websites. What you could be paranoid about is people who scan huge blocks of IPs looking for basic security holes. If you ran a good firewall back in the Win95/98 days, you would be surprised how many times you would be scanned.

These days, its trojans and malware that 'hack' you. Nobody does the good old fashion hack anymore.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads