Aquabid Seller-Should I Be Concerned

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bolivianbaby, Apr 14, 2010.

1. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

I won two apistos on Aquabid yesterday (I love having 31 tanks). I contacted the seller within 5 minutes of being notified that I won the bid.

15 hours later, I still haven't received a response. This is the 1st time this has ever happened to me. Most sellers respond very quickly.

Should I be concerned? What's the "reasonable" respsonse time?

2. peacemaker92Well Known MemberMember

Hey BB,

Congrats! Don't worry too much. The seller's probably on vacation or something or busy... At times like this I'd just :;fru but try not to worry too much. I'm sure he/she will reply soon. Keep us posted.

3. REDKAHUNAValued MemberMember

The same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago except in reverse. I was rushed to the Hospital [Stent collapse in my heart]. I was there 3 days and 2 of my auctions ended. I WAS THE 1 LATE IN RESPONDING since they were my auctions. Sometimes its out of our control.

4. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

We're glad you're okay!! Heart problems are definitely serious stuff.

I'll give it a few days, then. This seller has a very good reputation, so he'll probably get back with me when he can.

Thank you, gentlemen:;hug2

5. TigerfishyWell Known MemberMember

Aw, bb, hopefully they get back to you soon. I would be the same though, it is frustrating. Good luck!!
    (Kahuna, so glad you're better now.)

6. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

He got back with me while I was in a meeting.

I LOVE AQUABID! It gives me access to species that I can't find around here.

Thanks everyone for your support:;hug2 I'd be lost without you all!

7. ElodeaWell Known MemberMember

Yay for apistos! picspicspicspicspicspics...(voice fades away)...

8. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

Since I'm off work Monday and Tuesday (house issues that I need to get resolved), he's shipping the apistos on Monday o/n and I'll be here Tuesday to get them.

I'm hoping to get pics after they're here, but sometimes new fish take some time getting used to our crazy, but very loving, household.