Aqua-tech Power Aquarium Filter W/ 3-step Filtration 10-20g Help

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by peighton, May 24, 2019.

1. peighton Valued Member Member

Hello all! I ordered a tank set that came with the Aqua-Tech Power Aquarium Filter w/ 3-Step Filtration for 10-20 gallons. It worked fine yesterday and today is making a very very loud rattling noise after a water change. I can not figure out how to make it stop. It is my first HOB filter and I love it but I cannot handle the loud noise of it. Has anyone had this happen and it was able to be fixed? It is pressed in as far as it can go which was the common google "solution". Thank you in advance!

2. david1978 Fishlore Legend Member

Some filters get some air trapped in the upside down u piece. Moving it around a little usually clears it. Or if you have sand you could of gotten some in the impeller shaft.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  3. peighton Valued Member Member

What do you mean air gets trapped? How do I check? I think it is the impeller that is being quite loud. Water is flowing fine it is just SO loud. I tried twisting and tightening it and playing around with it to no avail. No sand, gravel cap with dirt underneath. But I looked for debri and couldn't find anything.

4. david1978 Fishlore Legend Member

I think @JamieLu has that particular filter. They may be better able to tell you exactly how to tear it apart to pull the impeller and clean things.