Aqua Tech filters

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Wondering if anybody has found these filters online other than Walmart?

I looked at the Walmart website and it doesn't look like I can buy them online. Unfortunately, when you click the "find in store" button, the closest Walmart that has them is 45 miles away.

I'll make a run to my local Walmart tomorrow to check, but am wondering if anyone has bought them places other than Walmart.

Edit: Found one on Ebay, but its a 30-60 and I am looking for a 20-40.

Last edited:

brokenwing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
j you have to do what you want, but I have one running and I can not stand it. So I replaced it with a aqua clear 30, and my water looks so much better, and you can not here the filter running. just imho.

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yeah, I've read some reviews where people say they don't care for them, but I don't seem to mind mine. I think its fairly quiet, but its also in the living room so I don't have to hear it when I'm sleeping.

Did you have it in a planted tank?

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I've got a couple of them on 10g and 5g tanks. No problems so far. They're quiet and do a fairly good job.
I just got one for my 30 in an emergency "My Filter stopped working" situation. lol
Walmart was the closest place. So far, I'm happy with it but I don't have much experience with other brands to compare them to.

One thing I did was replace the cartridge with sponges. The catridges fall apart pretty fast.

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I found these at my local Walmart so I don't know why the website is wrong. Anyways, I bought one and am planning on installing it on my current tank and letting it go for a month or two for it to seed and then go into a new tank. I am wondering though if I should be worried about installing it on my current tank. It's brand new filter so will it harm my water parameters any?

Also, is a month or two long enough for it to seed then move to a new tank? I don't plan on changing the filter cartridge at all during that time nor cleaning the Bio-fiber filter.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It won't hurt to run it in your established tank. From what I understand, leave it there for at least 2 weeks. The longer you can leave the better.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You're welcome. I've heard really good things about the filters brokenwing mentioned also.

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I really like these, but it is the only one I've ever used. We'll see how long they last.

The box says it comes with a 2 year warranty, but it has to be deemed defective workmanship by the manufacturer. Like they're really going to say it was built defectively within two years. Lol.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom