Aqua Tech 20-40

Aqadicted

I'm running a newish aqua tech 20-40 filter on my cycled 30 gallon tank. I noticed over the past 30 days the flow is getting less and less. I'm not getting any overflow - but the stream coming out of the filter doesn't really break much surface space. The flow seems off. I took it apart and it doesn't seem jammed or broken in any way...so I'm at a loss for what to do with that.

I also have a handed down 40-60 version of same filter- aqua tech or maybe the company before aquatech- I put that in last night to see how it works- and the flow was obviously better however I need to tweak the filter media that I have in the filter box-

Is the double size filter too much for the fish? I have 3 guppys and some tiger barbs in the tank.

I'm wondering a few things-

1) Should I leave the 40-60 in there and let it seed and pull the slower one out and perhaps use it in a smaller tank? (20g)

2) tweak the filter media- get that 40-60 working- you will be better off in the long run

3) if you can splurge- get the aqua clear 50 and be done with it already

thx in advance!

Mike

Coradee

Bumping this up for you, hopefully soneone who has this filter will be able to help.

Lucy

They are all good options, imo. #3 being the best because it can hold more media.
Adding for those who don't know
Aqua-tech filters were (are?) sold at walmart. They use the cartridge type media.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Sarah73
Replies
Views
Indiansfan
Replies
Views
utkgreg
Replies
Views