Aqua One Nautilus 800 Hose Question.

Taytius

Hello, new member here. Question about my hose I bought.

I have got a (Aqua one Nautilus 800) canister filter. it's all working fine it's great. umm I was looking to get a longer hose so looked up replacement parts & was able to see that my filter uses 9/12mm hose so I got a 9/12mm hose to then see it's a lot smaller.

I was confused so I measured the new hose yeah that's right it's 9/12mm. Then I looked again to see if I made an error in reading on google on the replacement part. No it also says that. so yeah I'm a bit confused as my hose it bigger. I only have been using what came out of the box brand new. Does aqua one replacement parts state an incorrect id/od for there hoses. Is that a known thing.
Thanks in advance Taytius.

Coradee

Welcome to Fishlore hope members with knowledge of that filter can answer your questions today

aussieJJDude

I think for memory, they use 12/16mm... I'll do a quick google and see what I'll find to confirm.

Edit: didn't find anything solid, but if possible, you can easily determine by yourself using a ruler and measuring the opening in millimeters.

Taytius

Rightio guys, Thanks Coradee. aussieJJdude I measured it after cutting an inch of to make sure you are correct it is in

Fact 12/16mm hose for the Aqua One Nautilus 800 canister
IS CORRECT. for any 1 later looking for this in a forum.

There for when some 1 like me looks up a replacement hose like so.

What I did was this google, search Aqua one Nautilus 800 hose then find a shop/ebay but on all of them I see that
mine can use a 9/12mm hose. Anyway..

Ok figured it out, the 9/12mm on there replacement hose part is wrong but correct. Ill explain, the 9/12mm slides down in the center of the tap barb. So in theory I could use this hose I just got but um I'm not 100% convinced it won't leak later on down the road as that then bypasses the compression fitting don't get me wrong tho I slides down about an inch & tightens if you twist it whilest pushing down.. Has any 1 used this method be for. let me know. Thanks again.

If it's best to just get a 12/16 ill do so, tho if I can just use this 9/12mm I will just saves money. all is good there. Sorry for the long post 1 more thing will it introduce resistance or with 9mm it wouldn't stress the canister motor at all. ok thanks again...

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Anthony1976
Replies
Views
ghostie
Replies
Views
mossman
Replies
Views