Aqua One filter

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be setting up my tank soon and wondered which one to get. I know I've asked this before, but I just want to make sure I get the right one.

Chickadee - I read in another post that you had a similar filter to one of these. Which one was yours similar to, or which one do you think would be best?

http://www.aquaone.co.uk/filter_internal.php

Thanks

Gwenz

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The one listed as the "Mini Low Voltage" Model and has the nozzle coming out at the top (the one on the right side) looks a great deal like the one I used.  Of course now I have had to go to the Bio wheel in the large tanks when I got the new Bettas and so I no longer use that filter but it is an excellent filter.  My tank used the MINI filter.

Here is what it looks like:

You just pick the size that is appropriate to the size tank that you are using it for and order the one you need.  All of the Aqua One filters that I read about on that site sounded wonderful.  They must be a very good company. 

Rose

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rose. I think I'll get the Mini Low Voltage Model then. I know my lfs has all of these filters so I should be OK. The tank I got for my Birthday came with an undergravel filter but I don't want to use it. I'm going to be building the stand for the stand for the tank today(Flat pack) and will make sure it will fit where I want the tank to go. It should fit though as I already measured it. I can't wait to get the tank set up now. ;D

Gwenz

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Congratulations and Good Luck. I am happy for you. Keep us informed on the progress and how things are going.

Rose

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok, I know I said I'd decided to get that filter (Mini Low Voltage Model - Aqua One), but I'm still looking around to see if I can find anything different or better.

I found this.

Is this what you had? If so which one?

Thanks Chickadee your a great help. I just want to get the right one, as I haven't had much luck with filters. :-\

Gwenz

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It is a different company but same type of filter. Find the one best suited for your needs and I am sure you will be very happy with it. Misty was a tiny baby betta with hers and it did not blow her around. There is an adjustment and you will not need to have a different airstone and tubing in the tank unless you wish as it puts oxygen into the water as it pumps it. You are able to adjust the amount of oxygen too if I am not mistaken on most models. I love the Duettos. The replacement parts are nice too because the prefilter and biolgical fiter are seperate. When you need to change one the other stays in the filter and so you do not lose the bacteria. I only used the carbon inserts for medication removal and you will probably too since you will be using it for a hospital/quarantine tank. They are kind of expensive to use all the time as they would have to be used all the time. Alternately you can get some carbon cloth or fiber material (ask at the LFS) and cut it to fit the area you have and fit a small piece into the filter to take the place of the boughten cartridges. It is much cheaper just do not use loose carbon, you will burn up the motor.

Use your own judgement, but I like either filter. I am just more familiar with this one. It is a great filter.

Rose

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
chickadee said:
since you will be using it for a hospital/quarantine tank. 
I think you missunderstood. The Q tank has been set up and has been cycling (fishless) for about
2-3 weeks with the Interpet PF mini internal filter. I want to get a filter for the tank I will be putting the betta in with the Corries after quarantining.

Anyway, found a site that sells the duetto filter quite cheep so I think I'll be getting it from there. Sounds like a good filter.

Thanks

Gwenz

P.S. - Here's the site I found it on...

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
WOW those prices are good and the heaters that they are advertising with the filters are the same ones I have by the way. (they are the best too and they have a lifetime warranty)

I hope you like your new filter.

Rose

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I already have a heater, but I could always do with a spear one incase one brakes. Are they any good?

Gwenz

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The best and like I said the Visi-Therm are LIFETIME gauranteed so if it breaks down they replace it. Don't forget to keep your papers and receipt for it if you buy it as a "Proof of Purchase".

Rose
;D

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I might gat the combi pack then. I'm going to try and get my mum to buy it for me tonight. ;D

Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I convinced my mum to buy the filter for me. ;D Yay.

I should be able to start cycling soon!!

Gwenz

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom