Aqua One 620T

timmygt33

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So i found a cheap second hand Aqua One 620T (tall) 130 litre aquarium and stand.

I think it would make a good fry and shrimp tank, i know its large but i have around 50 guppy fry at any one time and would like to think they have enough room. Second thought was to get a few more friends for my lone angel fish and hope they get along.

I was wondering if anyone has one and how the filter system is on it.
I have found blue prints about it but was wondering actually how good it was and if additional filtration was needed.

Thanks in advance,

Rhan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have an 850, so 160litres I've only had it since December, so keep that in mind

Pretty sure they're virtually the same filter system. What is the pump rated per hour? Mine is 1000, which is a little under what I'd like to have, but so far is is coping well. I love all the media you can fit in there, as well as all the particles it pulls out of the water for you (if you use the wool filter pads and clean them each week). Oh, and tip on the filter pads, try buying them in bulk and cutting them to size -waaaaay cheaper (I get mine from Petsock, not sure if NSW has petstock...).

Buying a second filter may be an idea, perhaps just an internal one to help out a bit.

Because I haven't had mine long, I can't comment on the long-term quality, but perhaps someone else can

timmygt33

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hey, thanks for the hasty reply and commiserations about the cats and blues game on the weekend. Im a little upset about that too...

I have mass bulk spare filter pads, there is a manufacturer where i live and they sell 1m^2 pads for $8 each from the back door, mostly off cuts but there still huge!

I think the filter in the 620 is rated at 750L/hour which should be fine though was just trying to suss out any underlying problems.

Also ill add a question about stocking, as i know its tall and angels are the most obvious stocking answer, what else is good in a tall tank guys?

Rhan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Oh that game was terrible, I just can't believe we lost to CARLTON!!! OF ALL TEAMS!!!

WOW, that is really cheap! :O That's the slightly annoying thing about the filter system for me, the filter pads. They do a good job with trapping stuff, but they need thorough cleaning each week and need to be replaced every few weeks usually (I have very messy fish!). But that wouldn't be too much of a problem for you

I'll let someone else help you out with stocking, I have no ideas for a tall tank.

claudicles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
As for stocking, if you start a thread in the aquarium stocking suggestions section you are sure to come up with lots of ideas.

I'll be interested to hear how you go with the tank. I've been thinking of getting a 520 because it will make the best use of a space I have. I'm not that keen on the plastic look but they are reasonable value for the volume. From what I can tell from inspecting them in shops you should be able to customise the filter media pertty easily. The flow rate of course I have no idea.

timmygt33

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks for the help guys.
Ill add lots of seeded filter wool and noodles so should be fine to start going straight away.
Ill have a look around for any other interesting ideas on stocking for a tall tank.
Thanks again

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom