Aqua-flo filter media blue vs green vs pink?

tiffani

Recently I’ve been buying the big floss rolls on top of the cartridges for my filters. My question is what’s the difference between the aqua-flo blue, green & pink filter media? I’m about to reorder today. I have the green one I purchased this past summer.

Aqua-Flo

kallililly1973

I would go to a craft store or walmart and get a big bag of polyfil it is only 7-8$ a bag of the rolls and will last a long time. Your using it just as a water polisher correct?

tiffani

No, using it as my main filter floss, I’ve tried that bag of fluff b4, I find this and the cartridges to be easier to deal with when cleaning. But thank you

Cichlidude

Recently I’ve been buying the big floss rolls on top of the cartridges for my filters. My question is what’s the difference between the aqua-flo blue, green & pink filter media? I’m about to reorder today. I have the green one I purchased this past summer.

Aqua-Flo
Blue - Male filters
Pink - Female filters
Green - Vulcan filters (Mr. Spock knows)

However from Amazon...
The white side of the green filters is a finer batten type of material. The white side of the pink filters is a more open structured capture web. The two types are equally popular.

kallililly1973

No, using it as my main filter floss, I’ve tried that bag of fluff b4, I find this and the cartridges to be easier to deal with when cleaning. But thank you
Welcome! I was referring to the same stuff but it also comes in a roll that's not like cotton balls so you can slice a section off with good scissors and will work the same.

tiffani

Blue - Male filters
Pink - Female filters
Green - Vulcan filters (Mr. Spock knows)

However from Amazon...
The white side of the green filters is a finer batten type of material. The white side of the pink filters is a more open structured capture web. The two types are equally popular.

Hello
Ok, so the green one is finer and pink is courser? Cause on amazon where I order, doesn’t tell you any differences between the three.
Which one last longer?

Cichlidude

Hello
Ok, so the green one is finer and pink is courser? Cause on amazon where I order, doesn’t tell you any differences between the three.
Which one last longer?4]
To be honest, I don't think it makes a hill of beans difference.

qquake2k

There is a "batting" version of Poly-Fil that might be easier than the "loose" version. It's pretty thin, though. I got it at Walmart.

Attachments

• poly-fil01.jpg
    poly-fil01.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 53
  • poly-fil02.jpg
    poly-fil02.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 57
  • poly-fil07.jpg
    poly-fil07.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 58
  • poly-fil03.jpg
    poly-fil03.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 54

kallililly1973

There is a "batting" version of Poly-Fil that might be easier than the "loose" version. It's pretty thin, though. I got it at Walmart.
Yup that's the exact stuff I was referring to. one bag Lasts forever.

tiffani

Ooohhh. I thought you were talking about that loose fluffy stuff. These are pond filters and they come in like 1ftx6ft rolls(or bigger), their like 1 inch thick, they last a long time as well. I bought this one in may/June, I still have some left, but I need to buy another roll. I use it like it’s going to run off, probably too much floss, lol.

IMG_0144.JPG

qquake2k

I've used floss like that, but I find the Poly-Fil polishes the water better. It doesn't last very long, though.

Attachments

• floss01.jpg
    floss01.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 54
  • floss02.jpg
    floss02.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 52

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Mike406
  • Question