Aqua bridge between tanks?

eagerinsight
I have 2 tanks (10 gallon) and my girlfriend wants me to connect the two! She saw a website that someone built an aqua bridge between his two tanks. Are these common, can I just buy one? It sounds like it would be cool looking, but I wonder how safe they are.

GreenMan13
I don't think they are common at all. I think every one I have seen have been custom built. They are safe from what I have read as long as you build them right. Can't remember where I saw how to build one but I'm sure someone will help you out soon.

sjlchgo
I found this link

COBettaCouple
That looks pretty cool. I don't know anyone who's had one though.

FishPerson
wow they're expensive....

darkwolf29a
^^^^^^^^^^ That's what I was thinking. LOL

I have thought about the same type of thing. What I was going to do is get some clear acrylic pipe and do a drill out of the tank, and do it that way. I have seen a restaurant do that...it was cool. I wished I had brought my camera for that dinner.

Shaina
I found this...taking connecting fish tank to a whole new level:

Ntruder1400
Nice tanks at that link. Is it just me or was the vast majority of the tanks cichlids??

Sorry for the hijack - there was a thread here a while back that showed a really cool tank bridge, and someone from fishlore did build one, but the fishlore bridge was made of PVC pipe or something not transparent. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Ntruder1400
Here's the thread I was thinking of:

One of the posts has a link to the super-bridge. I think the posters found it to be prohibitively expensive though.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
admiral682
Replies
Views
Betafish305ca
Replies
Views
utkgreg
Replies
Views