AqAdvisor.com?

Flufeeh

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm just gonna bump in here and say that I use that calculator to give me a very rough idea of what I could possibly get. Then I have to go more in depth by researching the fish.

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm just gonna bump in here and say that I use that calculator to give me a very rough idea of what I could possibly get. Then I have to go more in depth by researching the fish.
That's exactly how I've used it. Kinda like the 1"/gallon "rule" where I roughly guestimmate if I could have whatever fish I'm looking for then I research and then I ask Jaysee.

-Lisa

FriendsNotFood

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I like it for tank requirement comparisons, EG you add a few fish and it will tell you if the temperatures and ph's they like don't match. Easy for a guideline, but you find different info everywhere, so...

I like to look on there for basic info, then research more in depth. Like maybe it will give a note on a fish saying they are known to jump and the tank should have a hood, but in my research already I haven't noticed that. So it gives me something specific on the fish that maybe I need to look into.

Edit: And I have used it to make a "shopping" list. Nice easy way to list the fish you want with their scientific names, then you can hand it in to the LFS. But I'm just too slack to open word and do it the normal way :whistling:

Last edited:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom