AqAdvisor.com Accuracy Question 

mattmf1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
good morning form-mates.

i was directed to this site, and am curios what your opinions are of it?

Do any of you use it?

do you find it to be accurate?

thanks again for all the help.

-matt

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Matt,

Here is a link you may find interesting:

Ken

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi welcome to FishLore!!
No tool can take into account every aspect of a tank or the personality of a fish.
Imo, tools may be fun to play with but should not be relied upon. Several sources of information should be used before deciding what to stock.
The tool you mention is constantly being updated. Information shown a couple of months ago may not have been the same as it is now or will be in the future.
Here are a couple of links for you to read:

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I find the results of Aqadvisor to be questionable at best. Certainly they shouldn't be relied upon. As mentioned above, it can be fun to play with but nothing more than that.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nutter said:
I find the results of Aqadvisor to be questionable at best. Certainly they shouldn't be relied upon. As mentioned above, it can be fun to play with but nothing more than that.
+1

I depend more on my fellow forum members for proper information than AquaAdvisor or any of the other on-line tools. The members here actually own the fish involved and so have personal experience and can share that with me. I am able to learn through their mistakes (not that I haven't made my own!). I can ask very specific questions here and get true and honest answers. I'd come here before using any other tool available to me.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads