Aq advisor

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Tdahl09, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Tdahl09

Tdahl09 Valued Member Member

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436920529.982524.jpg
    What else can I add, I want a large center piece fish

Live everyday

2. i

isacr Valued Member Member

If you have lots of plants maybe an angel fish?

3. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

I'd up the number of cories, imo. :)

4. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

The OP just returned an angelfish so probably not a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. i

isacr Valued Member Member

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum[/QUOTE

Sorry I wasn't paying attention to his profile. Maybe an African leaf ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2015
  6. ricmcc

ricmcc Well Known Member Member

If you are referring to the on-line calculator known as aq-advisor, I would simply suggest that they are are least as accurate as reading chicken entrails as oracles go:).
    I would stick at the 80% stocked that they currently state, thinking that further stocking is not needed. Best to you, rick

7. alink

alink Well Known Member Member

I would also increase the number cories, adding 2-4 more of the same species. Do not rely on Aqadvisor. There are far to many variables to consider when stocking a tank, it simply can not be done accurately with this tool. You are better off asking here, like you did. I assume your "Ruby Shark" is meant to be a Rainbow Shark? They should have a 4 foot long tank, as they grow to be 6 inches and need the swim space. Other than those 2 things, you could probably get away with adding another peacock gudgeon and call it finished.

8. bettamars

bettamars Valued Member Member

I'm not 100% sure, but don't Siamese algae eaters need a school (also not sure if they're suitable)? Also the cories need a school of 6+. Then I would take out the rainbow/ruby shark like alink said and if you have to take out the SAEs, then you could have a larger school of tiger barbs (Since they're better in 10-15 and you have 9 which might be okay, but it's better safe than sorry).

9. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

Yes, some of my Siamese Algae Eaters do school, I have 6 of them in there. They also grow up to 6" so they're not really going to work. I would rehome the SAE and the Rainbow Shark, it will be too aggressive with this kind of setup.

10. OP
    OP
    Tdahl09

Tdahl09 Valued Member Member

Rainbow is an albino and at the moment 1.5 in when he gets big he will move to a 150gl that I rehome me fish to at a friends. The SAE idk what to do the only place I could bring him is back to petco because my friend doesn't have any either

Live everyday

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice