Apps For Aquarium Records

1. wyldkingdom Initiate Member

I am trying an app on my notepad for keeping a record of my livestock, water changes, etc.. It's called Aquarium Note. It would be nice not to have all this paper, but it has a ton of ads that pop up constantly. Has anyone found an app that they like? Maybe I'll just have to stick with paper records.

2. NEboy Initiate Member

Actually wyldkingdom, I created my own spreadsheet in Excel and it works great for my needs! I'm able to keep track of my water changes (how much % and on what date(s); filter media changes/additions; chemicals I 'may' have added and for what reason; I log issues/problems I had and what I did to attempt to fix them; what fish I purchased when and for how much, etc. Of course, one must manually enter the numbers and data, etc., but on the sheet where I have expenses listed (everything from day one), I have it tally automatically so I have a running total at a glance. Best part? No Ads!! . . . and I can look back over a year and see what my PO4, NI, NA, PH, Ammonia levels, etc., were and where they stand/stood before and after a water change. Works for me.

3. NEboy Initiate Member

P.S. I had the Microsoft Suite so Excel didn't cost me anything more. If you don't have Excel, I believe there is now a free version available on line from Microsoft. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but you may still be able to accomplish what suits your needs. Not sure what App you are using and how much it costs . . .

4. wyldkingdom Initiate Member

Wow! Sounds great! I'll have to try that. Thanks!

5. wyldkingdom Initiate Member

I'm trying an app called Aquarium Note and it's free, but I don't appreciate all those stupid ads popping up all the time. I'll check out the Excel from Microsoft if I need too. Thanks again!

6. bgclarke Well Known Member Member

I use Aquarium Note. I don't find the ads to be that intrusive.
    I'm planning on purchasing the app.