Apistogramma I.d. please

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by bmize89, Jul 18, 2015.

1. bmize89

bmize89 Valued Member Member

How's it going? So I've finally found some apistogramma in my area however I'm having some trouble identifying which type they are. They were sold to me as apistogramma cacatuoides orange flash. However after looking online I have some doubts. I picked up 3 of them. 2 have good color and one is quite bland. Hoping for a pair off. But here are a few pics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I have heard of a "yellow body orange flash" type.... that looks similar to this.

3. JeffK

JeffK Well Known Member Member

Yes - google "apistogramma cacatuoides gold" and see if the pics you find look like your fish.

4. BDpups

BDpups Well Known Member Member

I would say you have some gold cockatoos. Could be wrong though. The bigger one makes me wonder.

5. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Yeah, that looks like it to me.....

6. OP
    OP
    bmize89

bmize89 Valued Member Member

Ah yes it seems they are of the gold variety....good looking fish, I been wanting some triple reds but can never find them

Sent from my SM-G900T using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice