Apistogramma atahualpa- surprise spawn!

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Found some free swimmers yesterday! We were going to try to move the pair to their own tank before they spawned, but apparently they couldn't wait for the fishroom to be finished.

587.jpg

And here's a vid:

djbrist

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Super cool. What do think are their chances? I got room for a couple of juvies when you sell.

Dave

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I honestly couldn't tell you what their chances are in the community tank. The pair will be moving to their own tank within a few days and I'm sure they will try again soon. I will definitely be raising the fry from these two! They are F0's. ;D

djbrist

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Sweet, I sure wish you both the best with this endeavor of yours!! It will be nice to order from you. Sis is in Acworth, so a visit to your retail will be requested next trip down.

Your lil mama reminds me of my departed cacatuoide mother, glowing so gold.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I can't figure out who's cuter: the parents or the fry. I just want to pinch mom/dad's little yellow cheeks

Please, please, please tell me you'll be selling them when they're old enough. I'm getting on an apisto kick. Probably since I'm out of room for the larger cichlids

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
As soon as I can raise fry to a size where I can sell them, that is the plan! I'd love for you to get some of them. These are such cool fish!

BTW... I have a feeling my F0 apisto panduro pair might get in the mood when I move them into their own tank.... which should be TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!!!!!!! ;D

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Promise me if I have panduros that grow out, you'll get some. They are the prettiest apistos we have IMO!

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
How long have you had them??

4 out of 4 species I have had spawned within 2 to 3 weeks after after getting them. It seems apistos are good for that...a change in water conditions and they spawn.
Cockatoo's, Borelli Red face, Borelli Opals and Baenschi Inka 50's. Baetiniata started nesting but unfortunately I lost the female.

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm getting ready to set up our new tank with a couple of pair of fish similar to these... I might get some from you...

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I got this pair at the auction about 3 weeks ago, so I guess it did take about 2 weeks for them to do the deed. ;D

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom