apisto

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by llfish, Dec 15, 2012.

1. llfish

llfishWell Known MemberMember

hey again I inquired at my lfs about apistos and to order one she quoted me 35 dollars eek. today I was in the city and found some for 15 dollars yay! my question is will one be ok with corys a small rainbow shark and angels and rasboras as tank mates. if this does not will they work with Julii corys and cardinals I have a blue ram too, should they be separated I tHought I would double check before I purchase one tomorrow .
    second question what about a heckenii cichild sorry spelling on this.

2. kinezumi89

kinezumi89Fishlore VIPMember

My apisto was very shy and hid all the time when he was in a tank with large tank mates. I think he'd be happier withot angels and sharks.

3. OP
    OP
    llfish

ok will they be ok with my juliis then? and will I have to move my German blue ram? sorry for all the questions I want to be sure before I adopt one or are they better with friends

4. kinezumi89

Mine is just fine with cories. I've not had him with rams though so I can't be sure :)

5. OP
    OP
    llfish

Thank you for your reply I will put one in my 29g with julii s and the gbr and if they don't get along I'll move him around

6. OP
    OP
    llfish

Can I put more than one Apisto together? I love these little fellas. In my 36g I will have:
    7 cardinal tetra
    10 corys (5 julii 5 panda)
    1 swordtail
    1 apisto(was thinking 2 or more)
    1 german ram (maybe)

7. kinezumi89

I know it can be done, ZeeZ had more than one male apisto in the same tank. I would message him and ask how big it was, how many hiding spaces, etc.