apisto

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by llfish, Dec 15, 2012.

1. llfish

llfish Well Known Member Member

hey again I inquired at my lfs about apistos and to order one she quoted me 35 dollars eek. today I was in the city and found some for 15 dollars yay! my question is will one be ok with corys a small rainbow shark and angels and rasboras as tank mates. if this does not will they work with Julii corys and cardinals I have a blue ram too, should they be separated I tHought I would double check before I purchase one tomorrow .
    second question what about a heckenii cichild sorry spelling on this.

2. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

My apisto was very shy and hid all the time when he was in a tank with large tank mates. I think he'd be happier withot angels and sharks.

3. OP
    OP
    llfish

ok will they be ok with my juliis then? and will I have to move my German blue ram? sorry for all the questions I want to be sure before I adopt one or are they better with friends

4. kinezumi89

Mine is just fine with cories. I've not had him with rams though so I can't be sure :)

5. OP
    OP
    llfish

Thank you for your reply I will put one in my 29g with julii s and the gbr and if they don't get along I'll move him around

6. OP
    OP
    llfish

Can I put more than one Apisto together? I love these little fellas. In my 36g I will have:
    7 cardinal tetra
    10 corys (5 julii 5 panda)
    1 swordtail
    1 apisto(was thinking 2 or more)
    1 german ram (maybe)

7. kinezumi89

I know it can be done, ZeeZ had more than one male apisto in the same tank. I would message him and ask how big it was, how many hiding spaces, etc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice