Apisto With Killi Question

Discussion in 'Killifish' started by Harvster10, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Harvster10

Harvster10 Valued Member Member

Hi I have a 20 gallon bow front and I’m wondering is I could add a killifish. The tank has a pair of ap.panduro, 7 cardinal tetras 3widows 3 bronze corys and a rubber lip pleco. What type of (non annual)killifish should I go for that would get along with my other fish. I am not bothered about breeding fish.
    Thank you

P.s I’m thinking of getting a group of khuli loaches.

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Giving this a bump up for you

3. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

Surface dwelling Killifish such as Lampeyes or Clown Killies could work out. The small size of these fish probably would not stress out your stocking. Six Lampeyes or a trio/quartet of Clowns would work. You could also consider some slightly larger Epiplatys species, but they are not easy to come by.

Just a side bar: the Widow Tetras, which I assume are the same as Black Skirts, will get rather large for a tetra, close to 3 inches. Having only three could also result in them bullying some of the other fish, but with such a small tank it would also be hazardous to increase the school. I suggest keeping a close eye on them when they start to mature; you may have to remove them.

4. OP
    OP
    Harvster10

Is there any larger species of Killi which I can keep . About the widows i they are already full size and I have kept them for years together and they are fine. Would the Khuli loaches get on with the corys

5. OP
    OP
    Harvster10

I
    i have recently visited my lfs and the only killifish they had was the Golden Wonder Panchax would they work if so how many?

6. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

I wouldn’t do it if you have smaller cardinals. Golden Wonder killies are carnivorous with large mouths and may possibly eat a small cardinal tetra.

7. OP
    OP
    Harvster10

Ok then i will just leave them and see what else comes up, is There any other fish you recommend?

8. 75g Discus Tank

I would bump up the cories to 6.

9. OP
    OP
    Harvster10

Would kuhlis work

10. 75g Discus Tank

I wouldn't do it because they would compete for food and the cories would most likely win.
    Bump the cories to 6.

11. OP
    OP
    Harvster10

Okay well one of my yoyo loaches died in a larger tank. If I had to could I grow out some in this tank to about 2/3”

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice