Apisto Keepers - Looking For Tank Setup Help

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by JeffK, Aug 2, 2017.

1. JeffK

JeffK Well Known Member Member

I'm planning to house 2 pair of A. borellii in my 33 gal long (4 ft) tank. I plan to add both pair at once, but I need to have plenty of caves, broken lines of sight, etc in the tank. I'm looking for suggestions on how to set everything up. I am NOT looking to breed them - just a community tank. Here is an overview shot of the tank:
    overview.jpg
    Here is a closer shot of the left side. Inside the cave ornament are 2 terra cotta flower pots sort of positioned with the open enda together, but cracked enough to use as a cave. I also have an apisto cave and a piece of pvc piping among the "fake" plants:
    left.jpg
    Here on the right side, i have an apisto cave and two cichlid stones amongst the fake plants:
    right.jpg

Here in the center, I have a large log ornament (it's hollow inside - my bn pleco hangs out in here a lot during the day:
    center.jpg

Any suggestions on how to arrange things in order to help increase my chances of each pair claiming opposite sides of the tank?

2. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

It honestly looks pretty decent to me. I'd try it like that. What else is going in other then the borellis?

3. OP
    OP
    JeffK

6-8x bronze cories, a bn pleco, and 12-16x black neons

4. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

That's a nice stock! I have to get my hands on black neons soon.

5. OP
    OP
    JeffK

Thanks @MattS99 Any other suggestions from anyone?

6. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I agree with Matt, it looks good as far as the cave arrangement goes.

7. OP
    OP
    JeffK

Thanks - I appreciate your input!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice