Apisto I.d?

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by JoeFish26, Apr 19, 2018.

1. JoeFish26

JoeFish26 New Member Member

My fish supplier has sent me these appistos and i have no idea what kind they are thank you joe, image.jpeg

2. MikeRad89

MikeRad89 Well Known Member Member

They’re insanely stressed being crowded like that and they’re fingerlings at best. Maybe aggazzii but I can’t see anything definitive.

3. OP
    OP
    JoeFish26

Well this picture is from him lol i would never keep them like this lol but i was thinking the same thank you

4. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

They do not appear to be agassizii, but the color is so washed out that I cannot narrow down what they could be. The lateral band on some of them looks a bit wide for Aggies. I don't see any with the distinctive spade shaped caudal of Aggies, either. And there aren't a lot of species with a low dorsal fin like that.

After looking at that photo for a bit, I think there may be more than one species in that group. Again, they are so washed out it is very hard to say. Mixed Apistos used to be a cheap way to get them, but they don't usually sell them that way any more.

Verrry interesting!

5. OP
    OP
    JoeFish26

Yes very strange i will have to go and save a few and see how they turn out aha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice