apistasia on my live rock and tank is only 8 days old what do I do

pep372

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Any Body ??? Can you answer this question???

apistasia is on my live rock do I kill it with lemon juice or leave it since my tank is still cycling?

Attachments

Craig-D

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You're in the wrong place. This is the freshwater forum. You need to head over to the saltwater forum to get an asnwer to your question.

lanlesnee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If there's nothing else on that piece of live rock take it out and run, just that part, under hot water for a few minutes.
Remember don't run the whole rock under hot water. Your going kill everything that the hot water runs over, so try to do it with the 'tasia facing down and the hot water facing up.

funkman262

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year

ibiaquariums

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Couldnt you get a bowl or pan full of boiling (kettle) water and submerge that area (only) into it!

kloseo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i have used lemon juice with a lot of success, the aptasia will retract when the live rock is removed from the water keep an eye on where it is on the rock, remove it form the water then add the lemon juice to the aptasia area it should work well

ATP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
just take a mix of boiling water with lemon juice. Using a srynge, suck up some of the mixture and put the tip of the srynge into the aiptasias mouth and let the anemone try to grab the srynge. When its starting to wrap its tenticle around it, than spray it. Not to much though.

Using Joes Juice is also pretty good. I usually just kill the whole rock if it has aiptasia. Unless the rock is at the bottom or logged in, I use Joes Juice.

Stang Man

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
To be succesful you must inject them not spray them another way is to scrap them from there feet and spray that area with lemon to rid all skin if you don't get all of it it will re grow with multiple anemones that will spread even faster. Another way is to chip around the area that it lays and trow it away if your not comfortable with needles or I don't really like this method but you can use a chemical but takes a while to do so.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads