Api Water Test Kit

Franny & Gary

I have been wanting to ask this question I feel so stupid but I really don’t know the right way to read the test results. Do I hold the test tube directly against the card or hold it away a bit? The results seem totally different this has been driving me crazy but didn’t want to have to ask such a stupid question but I really don’t know

Tesla

Join the gang! If you search the forum you will find tons of others with the same question, so feel better
Hold the test tube against the white of the card in a good light area and then check the results. If you hold it away from the sheet the numbers would look lot lower, if you open the cap and look down the tube it would appear lot higher. Hope this helps

Platylover

I think most hold it against the white card or close to it. If you need help figuring out what it reads, feel free to post here.

Metone

I'd hold it up to the sheet and compare the colors directly.

Dotrenrew

Hold the tube up to the color card but only in natural lighting. Artificial lighting makes the colors appear totally different. Just my opinion.

Mr Clown Loach

I put the test tube against a white piece of paper and use a cell phone flashlight on it

Franny & Gary

Thanks everyone I can finally read it right thanks for not making me feel stupid I was so worried about asking that question. My actual nitrate reading is 20 should I do a water change you think? I do water change once a week maybe I should do it a few times a week? I have three African Cichlids hoping to add two more this week then that will be it thanks again

Tesla

As long as once a week water changes keeps you 20ppm or even 40ppm and lower you should be fine imo. I personally do twice a week water changes as my tap water has nitrates 10-20ppm so it jumps up quickly.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
WRWAquarium
Replies
Views
Ed204
Replies
Views
Cherryshrimp420
Replies
Views